Sunday, August 9, 2009

Frida, Part Deux

As referenced in last Monday's blog post, the inspiration behind my recent Frida-centric state of mind is an incredibly captivating photo tribute to the great artist undertaken by my talented photographer friend Dee, and as promised here are the pics to back up that inspiration. I must admit, I'm at a bit of a loss for words to describe how these images move me. Perhaps it's the fact that the real Frida lived a life with much heartache, physical pain and emotional upheaval (as channeled through her artwork) yet for all her corporal and emotional suffering she cut a stunning, curious and spellbinding beauty. I see that mysterious and transfixing beauty in these photos, via the lovely Christina Ariz (who I would argue even "out-Fridas" Salma Hayek), and feel an inspiration one step beyond the real Frida. Enjoy, and thank you Dee for letting me share. For more pics, click here.

My very favorite (above)...

...or perhaps this one. I can't decide!


No comments:

Post a Comment