Monday, July 27, 2009

I Want a Bike, and Other Cosmic Musings

I am a strong believer in signs and also in unconsciously manufacturing your own destiny. I have some big changes coming up in the next 6 months that will be revealed when the time is right; in the meantime, all I can say is that for this big life shift I am in the process of making happen, it feels very zen-like in a "when the student is ready, the teacher will appear" sort of way. Bits of signage in support of the mission have been popping up here and there without provocation, and the latest beacon from beyond has been showing up in my blog feed reader with uncanny repetition. I speak of course of la bicicleta, and the only hint I'll offer regarding how this ties to the changes to come is that a bike is going to come in awfully handy...(image above, courtesy of Bike Snob NYC)

In the meantime, enjoy these lovely posts I've come across from a few of my favorite blogs, all in homage to la bicicleta:And here are some pics to give you an idea of my bicycle state of mind:

Image courtesy of Riding Pretty

Image courtesy of CopenhagenCycleChic

Image courtesy of Chicks and Bikes

Image courtesy of HungarianCycleChic

Image courtesy of Chicks and Bikes

Image courtesy of Riding Pretty

And of course, I'm open to bike model recommendations from any bikeophiles out there (of a similar style to those in the above photos).

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Lola for the mention, so happy to have helped inspire you in some way via my photos and blog!
    Regarding shopping for a bicycle...have you checked out my read Dream Bicycle List? It's a start.
    I am so excited for you and will follow along with your new bicycling journey in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...that list is EXACTLY what I need! Thanks for passing along the info, and for making the selection process a bit easier for me :).

    I appreciate the kind words and permission to use your pics and link. And I look forward to fueling my excitement for a new bike (and looking good while riding it!) by following Riding Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures! Buying a new bike is always exciting. I ride an Azor Oma, which is very similar to the bikes pictured above. The first picture is of the Electra Amsterdam. The Pashley Princess and ANT Boston Roadster are another of my favorites in that style. Riding Pretty's Dream Bicycle List has them all, I'm pretty sure :) I've got my favorites listed, along with some reviews here. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dottie -
    Thank you for the encouragement - and your blog seems right up the alley of a beginner like me! Thanks for dropping in with this info too - it will come in very handy for me and other bike riding newbies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lola i would highly advise you to have a wee look on pashley.co.uk . . . their poppy bicycle is the most beautiful in the whole, wide world. kerri x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kerri -
    Thanks for the link - I just took a peek and oh yes, the Poppy is lovely! I'm not typically a "pink" gal but I think if I had that bike it would have to be in the pink :).
    Also like the Provence too...sigh, they're all so pretty...

    ReplyDelete