Thursday, September 3, 2009

Back from the Borough

I went, I saw and I said my last goodbye to the city I love. As I'm more of a visual gal rather than one prone to jibber-jabber, here are some picture highlights of the many aspects of this final vacation to Brooklyn (and surrounding areas):

Prospect Heights (just down the street from where we stayed)

Farmer's Market at Grand Army Plaza

Reinventing bruschetta (with peaches) for dinner one night

Blue doors found strolling around Red Hook

Coney Island

Carroll Gardens (our fave 'hood)

Baked bakery in Red Hook

Treats from Baked

Old train car in Red Hook

Ensalada caprese for dinner one night

Fig, pear & manchego for dinner (same night)

Windy pier at Coney

View from Central Park

Pupusas, tamales, orchata and Jarritos from Guatemalan vendors at Red Hook Park

More Guatemalan goodness: rellenitos (plaintains stuffed w/ black beans, topped with sugar. So, so yummy)

Rainy morning in Grand Army Plaza

Red Hook neighborhood strolling

Falafel-stuffed pita from street vendor near Coney. Awesomely good.
Windsor Terrace neighborhood strolling

Saved the best for last: fig/almond cookie from Brooklyn Farmer's Market. I love my figs!

1 comment: