Monday, January 18, 2010

Waxing Nostalgic on D (the city)

As my time in Dallas grows smaller I'm starting to get these twinges of sadness for the places and routines that, over the past 5 1/2 years, have shaped the memories of what will be known as the "Big D" chapter of my life. Most of these sentimental twinges are influenced by the past 3 years since D (the boyfriend) has been a part of my world, and while I have a bit of sadness for leaving the places and routines of D (the city) behind, the fact that my leaving for NYC will end the "long-distance" chapter of my relationship with D (the boyfriend) is helping to ease my pain. My heart is so very light right now...

A final trip to White Rock Lake, our "walking" place.

Taking pics of little "tombstone" rocks.

"Our" coffeehouse - specifically because they have killer vegan cookies. Despite the fact that neither one of us is vegan, it is still our #1 reason for coming here. Yes, the cookies are that good.

Good eats here too - chicken salad with salt & vinegar chips. Simple and delicious.

Later that day, to Whole Foods for whole wheat pizza crust - the foundation of our fig-fire roasted tomato-proscuitto-feta-basil culinary masterpiece.

Master chefs.

More to come....

2 comments:

  1. D (Your hairdresser/ phototographer) will miss you!

    Sending Love and Luck your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dee! You are yet another wonderful part of my "D" experiences here in Dallas :).

    ReplyDelete