Friday, February 5, 2010

Starting the Next Chapter

Well, I made it to Brooklyn - finally - after feeling like all I've been doing is talking about it incessantly for the past 6 months. And I knew it was going to be a big adjustment, and that there would be unexpected things that I would have no way of preparing myself for...but you want to know the biggest shock of making this drastic change in location, climate and lifestyle? I keep waiting for those symptoms that naturally occur when your life gets uprooted and turned on its head (i.e. sadness, maybe a bit of depression, maybe a longing to be back in Dallas). And yes I feel stress - primarily because I'm job hunting - but the biggest shock is that the overall general sensation that rests on me every day since I've been here is....complete and utter happiness. There is no way I would have done any of this different, from the initial plan hatched last July up to hauling the last heavy box out of the U-haul and up the stairs to my new Brooklyn digs just a few short days ago. Maybe it was just the universe lining up for me, or maybe I'm just getting better equipped to deal with the curveballs of life as I get older. Whatever it is, I just feel like I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be at this precise time in my life. And I can't wait to see what NY has in store for me...

1 comment:

  1. We miss you, Lauren! Good luck in the Big Apple from your crafty pals in the Big D.

    ReplyDelete