Saturday, March 6, 2010

Of $19 Haircuts...and Other NY Adventures

Moving to New York has me embarking on all sorts of new adventures, and deciding to get a $19 haircut from a student at the Aveda Institute in lower Manhattan was just the latest and greatest. I can't say that I was entirely trepidatious about trying this out; unemployment has got me doing all sorts of things I never would have done before and quite frankly, I feel all the better for the experience in living a more budget-centric lifestyle. Regarding the Institute, the students are all closely supervised, but even with that caveat, they are all pretty cool and confident with their mad scissor skills. At least I can attest to this regarding the lovely gal who was at the helm with my locks - Cristina - who was so attentive, so in tune to the gibberish I spoke to her about wanting my hair to have "points" (you know, points?) and not be "blunt and square" on the ends. She just got me - which is why I will definitely be back to see her again at the Institute come the next time my hair needs more "points" - and when she graduates in May I'll have to follow her to whichever hair studio is lucky enough to snatch her up as a stylist. Un mil gracias, Cristina...for making me cute and spunky again.

Before (ugh, yes...this was the before, no exaggeration). And...

After! Yes!!!!

5 comments:

  1. That's a great haircut...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! I love the way the bangs are styled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl i love it...funky and chic..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks SO much for the shoutout, Lauren! Can't wait to work with you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the nice comments everyone! I'm really happy with my new 'do :).

    ReplyDelete