- Lived in 2 different apartments - one with a roach-infested kitchen and peanut-butter-stealing roommate; the other a quirkily-cool 3rd floor walk-up with a super-cool Japanese gal - we leave our shoes outside the door à la Japanese culture. Love it.
- Landed a few wholesale accounts in local boutiques, which so far have all been pretty successful. Yes!
- Learned to hail a cab, navigate the erratic weekend transit schedule and properly insult drivers who try to run me over when crossing the street
- Eliminated all shoes in my wardrobe that aren't flats. Heels bite (literally and figuratively) with all the walking required here
- Managed to squeak by in a city with one of the highest costs of living while unemployed...
- ...and just landed a "day job" that will pay the bills (unfortunately, the handbag gig doesn't do that...yet)
Friday, May 14, 2010
I feel like I've been sucked into the vortex of helter-skelter, warp-speed New York City living...I've only been here 4 months, but have already lived through about 4 year's worth of experiences. Of course, that's what happens when you move from one location extreme (laid-back, easy livin' Dallas) to another (fast and furious, lean and mean NYC). In the last 4 months I have:
Posted by LOLAFALK at 12:29 PM