Friday, December 3, 2010

#reverb: One Moment

This post is part of a daily writing project called #reverb10. Find out more & join in this creative exercise here.

Today's prompt: Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).

Ah, this is easy. Sept 14, Tuesday. Leaving the office for the last time - the last time - and walking to the subway. Overcast sky, slight wind against my skin as I walked down 14th Street towards 9th Avenue, about 70 degrees. Passing Milk Studios. Listening to iPod, to this song. And the moment occurred precisely 2 minutes into the song. Crescendo bridge. Breeze in my hair, against my skin. Smell of exhaust from passing cabs and buses. Horns honking, idle chatter of passersby. White t-shirt, grey pencil skirt from the Gap, brown funky mary jane Fly shoes. Unable to keep the grin from my face. Scowling faces of passersby who were presumably headed back to the very place I left. Being acutely aware of how weightless, at peace, giggly I felt...and having no recollection of the stress and frustration that place brought me. 3+ years in the making, and it was finally happening. Like stepping from one dimension into another...clouds parted, sun streaming through...one chapter closed and - so officially - one started anew. The blissfully happy chapter that I'm living right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment