Friday, September 11, 2009

Fig Love

Although "fig obsession" is probably a better way to describe how I feel about these delightfully bite-sized syconia of scrumptiousness. So deep is my love of figs in all forms (fresh, dried, preserved, pureed, grilled, roasted marshmellow-style over a fire...although that last one didn't go over as well as I'd hoped) that I've developed what I call a "fig recipe radar" - the ability to find an abundance of wonderfully unique and appropriately artisanal recipes that pay proper respect to la figue. And my radar has been in hyper-drive of late, so today's post is dedicated to sharing some perfect-for-Fall fig-tastic recipes that I plan to try over the coming weeks:


Fig, Hazelnut and Buckwheat Financiers with Fig and Champagne Sabayon
Don't be fooled by the name, this has nothing to do with people involved in managing finance; financier is just a fancy word for an über-decadent cake. Brought to us by Aran of Cannelle et Vanille (whose blog I adore - click here for my previous post on her work). And as for what sabayon is...ummm, click here.

Fresh Fig Tart with Rosemary Cornmeal Crust and Lemon Mascarpone Cream
Found on Epicurious; with a 3.5 out of 4 Fork rating, something tells me we can't go wrong with this one.

Figs with Honey, Almonds and Spice
Scroll down past the Italian to get the English version. And this is my kind of recipe - simple ingredients and prep, with an utterly elegant result. Image and recipe courtesy of Alessandro Guerani for Foodografia.

Happy figging!

No comments:

Post a Comment