Monday, September 14, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away

The weather in typically-sunny Dallas has been so drab-tastically dreary for the past 3 days, and while that's cause for most locals to batten down the hatches, draw the shades and eat lots of soup, I'm finding myself in a state of nostalgic bliss, remembering days - no weeks - of gray skies and drizzly rain from back in my Rust Belt era. And so, as I toiled away in my studio this weekend to a steady soundtrack of rain tapping on the roof and gutters, I began to conjure up a playlist of rain-themed songs.
The cool thing about playlists like this is that they span all genres of music - you're going to hear all kinds of interesting stuff when it centers on one topic. Enjoy, and feel free to contribute any of your favorite rain-themed selections in the comments section. Just no "It's Raining Men."

Click here to hear the playlist.
  1. London in the Rain - Variety Lab
  2. Rain - Madonna
  3. Rain - Breaking Benjamin
  4. Let it Rain - OK Go
  5. I Wish it Would Rain Down - Genesis
  6. I'm Only Happy When it Rains - Garbage
  7. November Rain - Guns N' Roses
  8. Purple Rain - Prince
  9. Here Comes the Rain Again - Eurythmics
  10. Rainy Days and Mondays - The Carpenters
Bonus: Blame it on the Rain - Milli Vanilli

No comments:

Post a Comment