Monday, September 21, 2009

Four Season Girl

Tomorrow is the first day of Autumn, and while that doesn't mean much of a change weather-wise in Texas I still find myself excited with the official designation of a season change. I grew up with true four season weather and while I loved the variety in temperature and occasion to update my wardrobe on a regular basis, the long, hard Midwest winters started taking their toll on me and a little over five years ago I decided to do something about it. Now, five years of living in Dallas is starting to take its toll on me...and I find myself yearning come September for that old familiar crispness in the air, the crunch of dead leaves beneath my feet as I stroll outside, bringing out the down comforter at night...and just that overall romantic feeling that comes with the kind of weather that makes you want to stay in, be cozy and wear stuff like this (although I'd probably be more likely to wear this stuff out rather than stay in):


Living in Dallas I never felt I had reason before to bother with shopping for Fall clothes...but things are changing, much like the seasons...

3 comments: