Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Everyday is Halloween

Not just a great song by Ministry, but a philosophy to live by. Now, it must be stated up front: I am not one of those live-and-breathe-for-Halloween types; most Halloweens I've spent chilling at home without the least awareness of this alleged holiday (with the exception of this unfortunate Tinkerbell-from-Middle-Earth episode several years ago). That being said...I am amused by the display of complete ingenuity, creativity and (at times) downright tacky inappropriateness of this occasion, at least from a sideline observer standpoint. And so, in homage to the fabulous, wildly original and decidedly distasteful costume depictions that can only be considered acceptable this time of year, I give you a smattering of the best (to me) Halloween costumes seen thus far from an inspired little website called WTF Costumes. And come the night of All Hallows Eve, while most gals are either trick-or-treating with their kids or using this as an opportunity to showcase their inner sexy school girl/kitten/nurse/French maid/nun/sanitation worker/fill-in-the-blank, I'll likely be donning my decidedly less sexy seamstress costume while inhaling copious amounts of Jelly Bellys. My perfect Halloween...and pretty much my perfect everyday.

Everyone's favorite meal on the cheap in college.
Image via WTF Costumes

Oh look...it's another video of a drunk guy on YouTube.
Image via WTF Costumes

Looks like a tense moment during the Showcase Showdown.
Image via WTF Costumes

Just make sure no one tries to shake you or tip you over.
Image via WTF Costumes


No comments:

Post a Comment